If you are planning on starting a bodybuilding workouts routine then the two most important tools you will need is determination and persistence.
What most people don’t realize is that mental preparedness is highly necessary to stick to a routine such as bodybuilding. Once this part has been worked out, then going for bodybuilding should be easy. Many people start bodybuilding only to give up after a few weeks or months. Part of the problem is because they tend to set unrealistic goals for themselves and get frustrated and stop. All this is connected to lack of persistence and determination.
However, if you do not have any of these problems and are raring to go, then the following tips will help you immensely in your workout routine. The first thing to remember is that bodybuilding workouts involve two things; they are setting yourself short term and long term goals. This way you will not get frustrated and will be able to see things in the right perspective.
- Have a work out plan that works all of the body. You will need to decide how many days a week you will be able to work out and for how many hours. Once this is decided stick to it all costs.
- Once you start the workout process, do one or two exercises per body area. For example, there are ate lest five different ways to exercise the arms. Curls, forearm-curls, presses, bench-press and triceps pull downs are some examples. If you are working out with weights for the first time, only do a few reps during each set. For example, if curls are being done, do not do the maximum amount you are capable of. Do approximately 1/3rd of your maximum, and then do four or five sets.
- Some of the most popular weight lifting routines are bench press, flat and incline press, side arm raise, lateral raise, pull downs, lat rows, barbell and dumbbell curls, triceps pulley, leg extension, barbell squats, calf raises, leg curl, leg extension and leg raises.
- Once you get started on a workout plan, don’t forget to eat well. Ideally, your food should include plenty of protein and carbohydrates.
- Last but not least, remember to have fun! Never look at your bodybuilding workouts as a chore!
How to Build Muscle
Increase Weight Resistance
Lower Back Exercises
Middle Back Exercises
Upper Back Exercises
Muscle and Fitness
Sets and Reps
Workout at Home